Steam strawberry mashipans success!
1/2 cup self raising flour
or (1/2 cup all purpose flour & 1teaspoon baking powder)
2 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp grapeseed oil / coconut oil
50ml fresh milk/almond milk
1 egg (beaten till frothy)
4 strawberries (mashed up)
1. Pre heat wok 1-2 inch with water and turn off fire once water boils.
2. In medium bowl beat the eggs till frothy with a fork.
3. Add sugar and stir till sugar melts.
4. Add oil and milk mix well.
5. In another bowl,mix flour and baking powder if you are using all purpose flour or wheat flour
6. While mixing your eggs, slowly pour the flour through a sheave and mix well till well combine.
7. Add your mashed up strawberries. Mixture will have a pinkish hue.
8. Slowly scoop your mixture into prepared paper cupcakes (I put the paper ones on top of stiff aluminum ones)
9. Heat up your wok and once water begins to boil, put your cup Mashipans in to steam for about 6 mins (or until pans rises )
10. After that take them out and cool.Be careful they are very hot!
Eat them warm! Yums!
( recipe inspired by http://angieisagirl.wordpress.com/tag/mushipan/