Thursday, June 30, 2005

God that never changes.....

Over the past week, have been feeling sad and lonely and missing alot of people. Given the time to spend at home was actually a bonus God reminded me of. A time to reflect of the years God has put me through and not forgetting the friends and fellowship i had. I thank God that when i was at the edge of breaking down, it was always God comforting me.Sometimes it was a friend that came by, sometimes it was just a simple sms that helped me get up and stop crying. Most of the time, God has been faithful and i can never find anyone so Faithful than He is. HE is faithful that His love is never changing and He is faithful that when He says He will take care of you, you get the best He provides.

It occur to me that I had been missing a couple of Friends i made that came from all over the world. And perhaps because of whats happening at home, it made me want a fellowship of friends that i could actually share and pray with. But for now,they are all back to the US and I am alone. So it was something i had to deal with. And most amazingly, through His word and Holy Spirit, God reminded me that I have a friend in Jesus. He never changes and He never changes His address. He is there and here and everywhere and i didnt have to feel alone because the days ahead i will have Him by my side. And that is really what i needed.Someone who will be there all the time for me! Someone whom i can count on and call whenever i want. Itsn't it cool?Haha.....that the knowledge of this just lifted my spirit which was so down and moody. All the dark clouds seem to part and move away and i begin to have peace and simply just to trust Him.

One more thing He reminded me was, although you (my friends) are far away, we are connected because We believe in the Same Living GOD!.... Amen!

Today....two nice ladies came from the Hospice to visit my uncle.I was surprise to see how joyful and encouraging these two were. They told my uncle that he needed to believe that he is a living man not a dying man. That took my attention. I also believed that since we are alive,we should live as LIVING PPL and not dreadfully go through life like Dead PPL. I really thank the ladies for their joyful heart to serve in this ministry to help the cancer stricken patients to live life with quality and to face the facts and still want to live and not die because of anxiety. Which in reality, anxiety is an emotional illness that kills many more people slowly and dreadfully than you ever know~ this is not self theory but a fact that doctors can tell you. Remember that Laughter is the Best Medicine? People who enjoy living and put aside their sickness actually live fuller quality lives than people who worry and worry about their disease and get sicker and sicker because of that. So the choice is yours. Everyone is destined to die at birth. The grace of living to what age is given by God.

1 Sam 13:13-14
Why this verse? I dunno.But i was reading chapter 9- 13:14. I was thinking, to the moment God had appointed Saul as king, did He also already appointed David as king after Saul? Because later Saul did not keep God's command and God took his kingdom away and choose a boyname David who was "after His own heart". I gather in thought as God had already planned the lives of this two man. How fortunate they were to be choosen as kings. I gather, how fortunate i am to be choosen by God to be Grace Leong May Von, a child of God. Then the story goes on. It says that God took his kingdom away because Saul disobeyed God's command and gave it to David. I gather, there are serious consequences when we dont' obey the Lord, voice of the Holy Spirit. And if you dont do it, God will pick someone else. How would you feel if what is yours is taken from you? Not because it was stolen from you but because you did something to deserve that treatment? I would say AWFUL.

One challege from this story was, would i be like Saul who did not obey God or would i be David who was after God's own heart?

Thank You Jesus for watching over me. Thank Jesus for the peace you gave me throughout the day. Thank you Jesus for changing the bad in me to be better in You. Thank You Jesus for being with me. I pray this in Jesus Name.Amen.

No comments: