Monday, July 25, 2005

Putting thoughts to work....

Today, I went to help paint some chairs at church. Well...u could have think what is a graduate doing painting chairs like an odd-job worker...well trust me i thought of that! haha.... odd jobs? why not! well at least at the end of the day... u have tried a few jobs and then u'll know what u really am interested to do eventually...hmm...maybe thats not exactly true......

Putting thoughts to work...i was reading a magazine about missionaries from Malaysia in countries in Nepal, Cambodia and Mongolia. its kinda encouraging to hear their thoughts and experiences. i find that these people are called by God to reach out to people beyond their world...sometimes its difficult but they just obey and follow. i'm thinking, when is my turn? hah!
I believe God puts us to training. He puts us in difficult, painful, and lonely situatons. why? why the training? Is God unfair? Is God playing with us? Like when He dislikes us He puts us in these situations to laugh at us when we cry? Oh...common...what are u thinking? Is God like that? or are we just narrowing our ideas and perceptions of God?

He trains me, so that i dont cry when i see uglier situations...He wants me to be ready... and who knows what may come. He doesnt actually leaves me alone to solve the problems, He guides me and tells me where i go wrong. He sometimes lets me do what i want eventhough i may not be right, just so that i learn i am not always right. He gives me bosses and authority over me, so that i can learn to listen, to respect, learn by imitating sometimes, learn by doing...and etc. Most importantly, learn to ask God for help...which is Depending on Him.=)

I thought of what i wanted to do... paint my room, get rid of all the unnecessary rubbish in my room, start making things using recycling material, make space for space...make myself expose to all things arty and not stop thinking what i am interested in. Do i really need a job just for the sake of getting an income ? even though i dont like it? or would i rather spend my time doing something that i like and enjoy eventhough i may or may not get a salary? i like option 2, but do i have te choice? hmmm...putting my thoughts to work may seem dreammy....but i was challenge to dream and to tell people my dream so that it'll come through. I hve yet to master that. Telling people what i want to do is hard. I have a problem doing that. Its a problem of whther they will understand me,its a problem of believing in your dreams and telling people that u do with enthusiasm. I wish i could learn to do something artistic with a good master. how artistic am i? i'm not too much...but i want to be.

Dreams aside....i managed to have an evening walk with my mom at Bukit Dumbar this evening. walk walk walk... talk talk talk... out of a sudden, i suggested to sit at a swing which was usually occupied by someone at any other time. but that time it wasn't! What good news....so we went and was about to sit down when mom saw a Wallet....Her eyes got the cuckoo bird look, a little shock and didnt know what to do.we didnt know whose it was. so we sat there...and i was just looking...for the man who left his wallet. Later a man arrived and claimed his belonging, offering to spend us for the safe kept of his wallet, but of course we decline. Later, Mom was saying, 'We shouldnt have decided to sit on the swing~!' Dear mommy...it must have been the Holy Spirit initiating us to sit there today so that this man can have his wallet back! i mean...if it weren't us,it could have been someone else who might ripped off the man's money~. so Praise the LORD! He saved the day =)

P/s : Tomorrow is my mom's birthday...planning to get her a cake =)

No comments: